Thursday 31 August 2017

Everyday Christmas #11: embossing with water,with video

For today's card I thought I would show you how you can use water to make the embossing powder stick to your project. And it did, but after heat setting it, I could just wipe it off, not sure if it wasn't wet enough, if it was the paper, or the Wow glow in the dark embossing powder.

For the background I chose on of my recipes and it used Distress ink Chipped sapphire, seedless preserves and  mustard seed.

The blue and purplish red with blend perfectly, the purplish red and the yellow not so  much. My trick is to saturate the paper well with the yellow and then go back with a light hand of seedless preserves.
then I let it dry completely, even used the heat gun. This is important of the embossing powder will just stick to every wet bit. which makes the next step even weirder...as it usually sticks everywhere, why not on my water droplets? I splattered clean water with a brush and sprinkled the embossing powder on top, then heat set it and I could just wipe it all off...So I opened the Ranger emboss it dabber and splattered that ink onto the card and repeated the process.
The glow in the dark embossing powder works better with a light background, so I should probably have started with that...oh well...
I diecut the memory box enchanted deer collage from 110 pounds cardstock and stamped the sentiment on the from. It's from Studio light (sl154), with Versafine onyx black ink.

Then mounted the panel with foamtape and adhered it to the card.


No comments:

Post a Comment