Saturday 3 February 2018

Gerda Steiner February Challenge

This month we got this cute bunny couple, at least I made it a couple, of friends as the sentiment indicates, you never know what might blossom, But because the man bunny is holding a flower I thought it went nicely ;-)
I prepared the image and sentiment in Photoshop and then printed it both on normal printer paper and the Crafter's Companion Neenah paper.

I cut out the printer paper one to create a mask. In hindsight I should probably have made two masks, one for each bunny or cut out in the middle more, but frankly I was afraid it would compromise the integrity of the mask, so I chose not to, I will regret that later ;-)
I've put Tombow mono multi glue on the back and let it dry overnight. I did quite a thick layer, so it needs time. I also covered it as cats are shedding their coats and it's crazy how much hair I find everywhere, even dusting and vacuuming won't help.

Anyway after I woke up I continued with the card, masking the printed image and also masking a sky and grass border. To color those I used  painter's brushes and Distress Inks (mowed lawn and Mermaid lagoon).
This is where your careful cut out mask poses a problem to ink in between, I tried my best, but in the end I ended using a marker.

Then I colored the bunnies with a
combination of alcohol markers (Decotime, Spectrum Noir and Spectrum Illustrator).

Added gel glitter pen dots to the tulip and an enamel heart as a bow on the white bunny as well as lashes, to reinforce the feeling of a female bunny.
Mounted the panel with foamtape and adhered it to the cardbase.


It could well have been a Valentine card, but  as I film my Youtubes ahead, it wouldn't have made sense on February 25th when the video will go live, so please come check back then.
As I want to enter it into the Gerda Steiner monthly challenge, I felt I shouldn't wait that long, as I might forget.


I'm also entering it into the Simon Says Stamp "send a card to a friend" challenge.


1 comment:

  1. Je hebt er een super lief kaartje van gemaakt, heel mooi in zijn eenvoud!

    ReplyDelete