Tuesday 27 February 2018

Experimenting with Versamagic as an Oxides alternative, with video

I pulled out my few Versamagic mini inkpads today to see how they would compare to the Distress Oxides ink.
I don't have the Oxides and so I can't say if they're the same, better, worse but I like how the Versamagic looked.
At first I tried it on my normal cardstock, the Canon DCP paper and nothing happened except the paper blistered as usual as it really doesn't like water, much like my cats haha.

But the blend beautifully on this card, through a stencil as well.
So I took out some Waterart paper and Bristol Smooth and I used a mix of water and bleach, but on this card just water also works. the bleach I have in that bottle always, and it was handy ;-)

I used Versamagic, Eggplant and pink petunia and Sea breeze and Turquoise gem.

Since shooting this video I also got a few greens and yellows and look forward to experimenting more and probably make my inkblending recipes for this ink too, as soon as I have all the colors I want.
The Versamgic have 36 colors in the range and I have 17 now, so almost halfway :-D

I've also done some layered inksmooshing in the video and that also looked very similar to what I've seen fromthe Oxides, but again I do not have those and so I can;t say for sure, only that I love how these worked out .



No comments:

Post a Comment