Friday 5 January 2018

Something new....

Is the challenge on both the Simon Says Stamp  Monday Challenge and Wednesday Challenge, Showcasing Simon Says Stamp exclusives and Hero Arts.

And boy did I try something new: gilding flakes. You say glitter gets everywhere? nah this stuff is so clingy it literally attached itself to everything, must be the weather lol

Anyway for the Hero Arts bit I inked up the stencil called bold floral, and I used the Tsukineko glue pad, also something I had never used successfully; tried it once due to Youtube, didn't work, been in the cabinet since. Until today when upon another search I found you have to let the glue dry a little, much like you would do with the gilding glue (that I don't have) and that did work.

I inked the pad first then inked up the stencil and laid a piece of watercolor paper on it and rubbed it to get a "print". I mean to do some inkblending with the Hero Arts mini cubes I have, but I liked the gold so much I left it.
after letting it dry for five minutes or so I applied the Cosmic Shimmer gilding flakes (warm sunrise, a blend of colors). and rubbed it into the glue, then let it sit for a minute and then rubbed away the extra.

For the sentiment I used the Simon Says Stamp exclusive painted hello and I diecut it from black card with Stick it on the back.
The butterflies are also a SSS exclusive die and I cut those from red glitter, for a nice contrast with the background.
Mounted the panel with foamtape to a cardbase.

For more information on the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge, see this.


For more information on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge, see this.

2 comments:

  1. Gilding flakes are FUN when they work, right? I am with you on that. This is so very pretty!! Love the use of stencil and flakes! Thanks so much for playing Simon Says Stamp Wednesday “Something New” Challenge! Beautiful colors and design. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a glittery and pretty background to those vibrant red butterflies. Thank you for joining Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge and have a Happy Year!

    ReplyDelete