Sunday 21 January 2018

AAA cards challenge #107: chilled, with video

This fortnight the theme of AAA cards challenges is: chilled. Our sponsor is CAS-ual Fridays. And you could win a $25 dollar gift certificate.

I am using their set Must love snowflakes, sadly it's discontinued, but now they have snowy sayings and bring on the snowflakes as well as some snowflakes dies.

For the card I cut a kraft base into a panel. I didn't realize it, but it turns out it's not exactly A5 sized...should have measured!

I started by stamping the thank you with Simon  Says Stamp's you  matter set in embossing ink, and then used the Wow metallic silver regular to emboss the sentiment.

Then I placed all the snowflakes from CAS-ual Friday's must love snowflakes on acryllic blocks. I stamped a variety of sizes and colors using Memento inks (gray flannel and Paris dusk and also embossing ink)

The little star is from Simon Says Stamps (birthday balloons) and I used it as an embellishment instead of rhinestones or alike.

Adhered the panel to a cardbase with tape runner and cleaned up the size difference.

For more information or to play along with the AAA cards challenge, see this

7 comments:

  1. How special are those silver snowflakes embossed onto the kraft card base and I adore that big loopy font on the greeting. Super little video of your process too, always enjoy watching your clever hands creating and listening to your hints and tips!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Maaike, your card is wonderful! I love the look of silver against kraft, how fab! Thanks for having me as a Guest Designer at AAA Cards!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this card, Maaike! Perfect for the challenge them! I don't think Ive tried the silver embossing/kraft combo before.... not sure why I haven't, it's fabulous and I will definitely try it now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your card is lovely, Maaike! Perfectly CAS and I love the silver embossing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just love how you have made the silver work on kraft. All that silver embossing adds such an elegant touch. lovely card

    Hugs
    Bharati

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card Maaike, lovely stamping and love the silver on the kraft colour too ;) Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, love the metallic silver =)

    ReplyDelete