Friday 29 December 2017

Happy winter

The Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge is: anything goes, showcasing Lawn Fawn products.

And the Simon Says Stamp Work it Wednesdays is: something new.

For my card I've used the Lawn Fawn Set critters in the snow. Not new to Lawn Fawn, but very new to me, in fact I haven't used it before this card. I meant to and I got it for the reindeer, but I felt all out of Christmas mojo, also it's come and gone, so I  made a winter card. Maybe for someone's birthday in this season...?

I started by stamping the snowflakes from the set with Versamark ink and then used Wow! opaque bright white embossing Schut hotpressed and smooth watercolor paper 140lbs, my favorite for stamping on.
powder and heat set it. I'm using
For the sentiment fromt he same set I used Versafine onyx black ink.
Then for the watercoloring I used Distress inks (peacock feathers, shaded lilac and wilted violet). I wet the paper a bit so the colors would flow and after I spritzed  Sheer shimmer spritz from Imagine Crafts in the Sparkle variety all over the cardpanel for shimmer, of course, but also to help the colors flow a bit more.

As my wc panels are always slightly narrower I used a lilac washi tape with stars on it to fill the gap. Mounted the wc panel with foam tape onto the cardbase.


For more information about the Simon Says this.
Stamp Wednesday Challenge, see
For more information about the Simon Says Stamp Work it Wednesdays challenge, see this.

1 comment: