Thursday 12 October 2017

Thinking of you...

Is the theme of the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge, showcasing Memory box.
It's almost a year ago my mother passed away and my first Christmas kinda sucked. I kept myself busy but I can relate to how it is a not so nice time for some people.

So I made kind of a Christmas card, but with a thinking of you sentiment from Stampendous (encouraging words).
For the circle I sued Memory Box  tree branch circle and cut it from a panel, slightly smaller than the cardbase.

Traced the opening on the cardbase, so I knew where to inkblend. I used Memento ink ( nautical blue, teal zeal and summer sky) and I spritzed it with water for a snowy effect
in the background. The sentiment is also stamped with Memento nautical blue as I felt black might be too stark. I did consider making the edges black around the  panel, but yeah I decided against it.

I diecut the retro deer from Simon Says Stamp out of brown card and stuck a red enamel dot on his nose as a little wink to the recipient. Maybe get a smile out of them.

I mounted the panel with foamtape and then tucked the deer under the trees, using tape runner.

For more information or to play along to the Simkon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge, see this

1 comment:

  1. beautiful holiday card :) thank you for playing along with us at the simon says stamp wednesday challenge!

    ReplyDelete