Thursday 21 September 2017

Let's prance votive

 For the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge: shimmer and shine.
And
The Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge: pop it up showcasing Lawn Fawn.

I made a fold flat votive/shadowbox/card thing that is big enough to hold a (electric) tealight.
For it you need to strips of card 8,5inch x 4inch. Score at 1/2"and 4 1/2"on both strips on the long side. Then I like to notch the "catches".
Then I cut a window out of one of the sides. Any shape will do.
For the hills I used the Lawn Fawn forest border and My Favorite Things Snowdrift and I cut it from white glitter paper. I made it more sturdy by sticking it onto card first, then diecut.
The strips are 5 inches and I score at 1/2 inch and 4 1/2" so it will fit and it will have flaps to stick them down.

I'm kind of making my own version of the Lawn Fawn shadowboxes as I don 't have the die.
Also wouldn't be big enough to fit the tealight hehe

I used white glitter for the Monday challenge and also because it would look like sparkling snow.

The reindeer are from Clearly Besotted (let's prance) I stamped them on Crafter's Companion Neenah paper with SSS intense black ink and colored them with Spectrum noir markers. I gave them Christmas light noses (red, yellow and blue) as there can be only one Rudolph ;-). Cut them out with the coordinating dies.
Popped them up with a bit of acetate and gluedots and attached them to the scene. Popped a tealight behind it.

You can't see it, I think, but I chose this particular scrap paper as there's tons of mini reindeer on it, that I thought would look like there's more in the background.

For more information on the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge, see this.
For more information on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge, see this.




4 comments:

  1. This is so adorable and I love the lighted feature. The glittery snow is so pretty and the perfect amount of shimmer and shine. Thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge.

    Cathie ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is precious, luv the sweet reindeer! I am so glad you played along with us at simon says stamp wednesday challenge!

    blog-paperie blooms
    ig-2klines

    sparkle & shine, kindness *~*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely darling project--LOVE this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really inventive, cute and Christmassy!

    ReplyDelete