Sunday 24 September 2017

Dashing through the snow...

ta tatata tata...well that's the extent of the what I know of the song hahaha.

The less is More challenge, this week is a sketch.

For my card I used the little reindeer from clearly besotted (let's prance) and it's coordinating dies. I colored them with my Spectrum Noir markers, the same as I used in the votive. I kind of liked that combo.

For the windows I used the Simon Says Stamp tri circle on a slant. Traced the openings on the cardbase and inkblended Distress inks (tumbled glass, cracked pistachio and what should be shaded lilac, but i think is a combo of Shaded lilac and seedless preserves as there was ink left in the foam, still gorgeous actually).
Splattered the inkblending with water and then Dylusions white linen for snow.
Used little bits of white glitter paper, to make the snow they're dashing through.
like with the votive I mounted the critters on a thin strip of acetate and the attached them to their respective windows.


The sentiment is from the same set and I heat embossed it with Wow! rose gold embossing powder.
I wanted to stay true to the sketch as much as possible so "through" is covered by the antlers of one reindeer, but I think everyone knows the line.

For more information or to play along with the Less is More challenge, see this




Updated October 6th: 




7 comments:

  1. I love these little guys! Fab card

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Simply FABulous Maaike! Love those cute little reindeer and especially the one at the top that's just off the edge. Beautifully coloured, loving the little circles around them too and a brilliant take on this week's sketch. Thanks for playing along at Less is More

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute, Maaike! So creative with this off the edge design. Fabulous take on our sketch. Thank you for joining us this week at Less is More. Trina :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely fabulous and so cute Maaike ! I love those reindeers, they pop up so beautifully over these gorgeous circle background ! Your colouring is just stunning ! A very clever and fabulous take on our challenge ! Thanks so much for sharing and for playing along at Less is More !

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I love this! Such an adorable, cute card. Great use of our sketch and I really like the way you "mounted" your reindeers on the circles. Great design with fun colors! Thanks for joining u at Less Is More!

    ReplyDelete
  6. suxh a lovely card! Great work on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this, Maaike. I've yet to ink up my set but I certainly will use them for some Christmas cards this year. Love them in this layout and the cute little circles with the glittery snow.
    Thanks so much for sharing with us at Less is More, Anita x

    ReplyDelete