Monday 11 September 2017

coloring virtuoso?

That's the category I'm entering this card.
First I thought  clean and simple, but it's not as clan as I could be ;-)
I used the My Favorite Things Beast friends for this card.
I stamped them with MFT Hybrid black ink on Crafter's Companion Neenah paper and colored them with my Spectrum Noir markers, the fussy cut them out as best as I could. I don't have the matching dies. I prefer to focus/spend my money on stampsets.
That's why I also only have some basic circle dies.
I partially cut one from a cardpanel, I made slightly smaller than the cardbase.
I also used the MFT snowbanks to cut out a few snowbanks.

For the background I inkblended Distress inks on the cardbase (chipped sapphire, blueprint sketch and wilted violet that is dissapeared completely behind a snowbank).
almost
Then splattered with water, let it dry and used a white gel pen to make a few snowflakes.
Wasn't sure at first if all this was allowed, so I used a minimal supplies from other companies.

I added some glitter to the lights with the Nuvo Shimmer pen (clear gloss).
Layered the snowbanks with foamtape and then adhered all of it to the carbase.
Tucked one Yeti behind a snowbank and the other in front.


For more information on this awesome challenge set, see thishttps://www.mftstamps.com/blog/2017-card-design-superstar-coloring-virtuoso/

No comments:

Post a Comment