Tuesday 8 August 2017

Talens ecoline, Woodware stamps and a desk organisation tip, with video

For today's card I pulled out the Talens Ecoline and one of the new Woodware stamps, I'm enjoying coloring them very much, especially with Ecoline as it is such a vibrant liquid watercolor.

I stamped the image (long tall flowers) onto Schut hotpressed watercolorpaper and the sentiment is from Circle flowers, both stamped with Simon Says Stamp intense black ink and with the use of the Stampers friend tool.

I put my fluid watercolors in icecube trays and let the fluid evaporate, you can then reconstitute the paint with water, but it's much easier to take with you...no spills.

For reference I use my swatch list.
After all is colored I used the Nuvo shimmer pen in clear gloss on the red flowers, for some glorious shimmer.

As the panels are always slightly narrower and taller than my cardbases I used a black and white washi tape on the side and to mount the watercolor panel I used a bit of foamtape.

After filming I went outside to spray fixative on the card as Ecoline will reactivate, say if it rains when the postman does his rounds, or if someone's hands are wet...so be careful.


I bought this CD tower on a second hand website (Marktplaats) and it was only 5 euro, you can also find similar ones at thriftstores or goodwill stores.
Mine has two rows though,which I never seen, but it was perfect for my desk.
I did have to saw off it's feet to make it fit, and rebuilt it as it came in pieces, but an hour later it was lying on my desk, usually these towers stand, but I lay it on it's side on the edge of my desk. I did secure it on the back, so it can't move and or slide off!.

I use all the cubbies for my  most used supplies, like black inks, Versamark, tapes, pens, scissors etc. I'm sure it will change still over time, when I've worked with it a bit, but for now it's so perfect and for 5 euro...ha, who could resist even if it's not white and a dark purplish blue on the inside and out...5 euro...think 5 euro ;-) lol...



1 comment:

  1. Seeing your card today made me so happy! Love those brightly colored flowers & that sentiment. Great find on that cd tower. I'm always looking for inexpensive organization ideas. Wishing you a happy day, too, my friend!

    ReplyDelete