Thursday 31 August 2017

MFT sketch challenge

This week I'm playing along with the My Favorite Things challenge, and it's a sketch.

I stamped the Space explorer images onto Crafter's Companion Neenah paper, cut them out and colored them with Spectrum Illustrator and Noir markers.

for the background I masked off a rectangle and applies Distress inks ( chipped sapphire, blueprint sketch and wilted violet) I think these work together so well as the blues have a purple hue in them. Then I splattered Dylusions spray white linen, brushed pewter and Talens ecoline white onto "space".
I didn't really go all out on a galaxy this time as I though I'd use just a few layers in the planet and astronaut.for the bar at the
bottom I masked it off again and applied Distress inks hickory smoke. It's not a solid bar as in the sketch, but I think you can see it. I wanted it to look like the door of the spaceship is open and the explorer is wandering out into space. I hope that comes across.

The sentiment is from the same set and I stamped it with my Stampers Friend and Versafine onyx black ink.
Applied foamtape to the little guy and the planet and taperunner to the stars, I know they're inside, but I figured they could be posters, I mean you have to embellish rockets too ;-)..lol...

For more information on the MFT (My Favorite Things) see this

No comments:

Post a Comment