Thursday 6 July 2017

Part two: assembly of the fairy card, with video

This video is quite long, I sped it up 3x. I colored the fairy on Tuesday and now I'm putting it all together. I got the Marianne Design cr1337. I wasn't sure how to finish the card and I needed these birch tree dies to make a forest. 
I did look at the My Favorite things one, but this one was in stock at my local shop.
I diecut them from sturdy 140lbs/300grams card and them embossed them.

For the background I inkblended Memento ink on the cardbase, I used: nautical blue, teal zeal and bamboo leaves. To make a hill I used the Snowdrift die from My Favorite Things to cut a mask from a big Post it note.

I adhered the treed at different heights on the back of a window I made with the Nellie Snellen multi frame die, but any brand will do.

Adhered the Fairy to the background and then mounted the frame with foamtape and added it to the cardbase.

I diecut the flowers from the same thick card , but added some of the green left on the inkblending tool, for a bit of shading.
Tucked them in and under the frame, then glued the bee on one of the flowers.
The sentiment is from the same set and I stamped it with Versafine Onyx black ink.
Dotted Veramark witht he marker on the bacground and added some Wow clear hologram sparkle embossing glitter on the spots, I thought the dots would look like fireflies or other fairies in the background, it's subtle as it's clear, but special when the ligh catches it.




No comments:

Post a Comment