Thursday 15 June 2017

You are mermazing

The Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge is: emboss it, showcasing Wow! products.
Now I had just uploaded the video and card I made earlier this week, so can't enter it. but I liked it so much I made a similar one with the last colored mermaid I had left.
So pretty similar, but completely different :-D

I filmed the other card, so if you want to see the process, you can watch that.

I used a lot of Wow! embossing powders:
Luscious lime
Earth tone mint
Chartreuse
and then for the coral and fishes I mixed three colors:
Ho Ho Ho
florida sunset
golden flame

I used all the small greenery from the My Favorite Things set (mermazing) and the big kelp is from hero arts (layering goldfish)

To make the card I used a round mask. I traced it with pencil, as I want most green stuff inside, but some of it peeking out the circle.

I used a powder tool to remove stick from the cardbase and stamped and embossed each plant, one by one.

some are transluctent, so it's important to do the stamping and embossing before the inkblending.

After I was happy with the seaweeds and fishes I inkblended Distress inks through the mask.
I used tumbled glass and chipped sapphire, but the ink foam was still a bit wet from a darker blue, so the tumbled glass is now and unknown color , still pretty but I have no idea how to call it lol...

After inkblending I splattered on some water droplets to make bubbles in the water.

I stamped the sentiment with Versafine onyx black ink.
Attached the mermaid onto the card with foamtape for a little dimension.

There's also a video where I color the mermaids

For more information on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge, see this


1 comment:

  1. Fabulous cards and video!! Wonderful designs and I love the sweet images!

    Thank you very much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!

    hugs...
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete