Thursday 11 May 2017

Everyday Christmas #1: shaker card and Memento inkblending, with video

For this Thursday's video and card, I'm starting with the Everyday Christmas, well every week Christmas lol.
I did a Christmas card last week as part of the Oldie but goodie series.

For this card I use the Create a smile cardkit, that came out November or December last year. They do not restock once sold out, but similar dies are available across the industry, think tree line instead of snowmen and round frame instead of ornament for example.

I started but diecutting the die from white cardstock. and used a circle die to cut out the backing and the acetate sheet as well.

Before cutting the backing I used my Memento dew drops and inkblending foams to apply, summer sky, Paris dusk and grape jelly in to the cardstock.
As when stamping with dye inks the ink goes on sort of splotchy but evens out miraculously when seeping into the paper, like when you stamp with them, especially bold and solid stamps.
I spritzed the night sky with sparkly Shimmer spritz.
Memento ink also reacts with water, a bit like Distress inks, see the video for some examples on that.
In the kit there was also a packet of Pretty Pink Posh sequins, no name on the package, but it has silver, blues and purples in the mix in various sizes, I'm sure you have similar ones in your stash. I usually mix my own, but this was right there! lol
To build my shaker I cut two layers of foamtape in really thin strips and by taking both backings off you can manipulate it perfectly into a round shape.

I positioned the diecut onto the night sky and adhered it with liquid glue.
closed the shaker by adhering the backing and then used red sticky tape to adhere the shaker pocket to a cardbase.

I stamped the sentiment with the same Paris Dusk ink, It is and oldie but goodie from Avery Elle (let is snow set).


No comments:

Post a Comment