Monday 13 March 2017

Sow much cuteness, with videos

The My Favorite Things stamp set Sow much cuteness stole my heart.
I used to collect everything piggy, like piggy banks, little statuettes, salt and pepper shakers, you name it, I had it. Mostly because once people found out it was an easy gift for birthdays and such, So about 15 years ago I had to stop and destashed most of them. I kept a few I really like.

Anyway on to the card I stamped the pigs on Crafter's Companion paper (Neenah solar White ultra smooth) with the MFT hybrid black ink.
Colored them with Copics this time as other pinks were not a good match.  I used Spectrum Illustrator on the flowers. Cut them out with the use of the Brother Scan & cut, as I don't have the matching dies.


For the background I used a panel of Bristol smooth cardstock and Distress inks Salty Ocean and mowed lawn. I used sensitive painter's tape to make the horizon.
I spritzed the panel with a bit of water to add a layer of interest. 

Stamped the sentiment from Woodware with Versafine black onyx ink and heat set it.
Adhered the panel to a card base with some tape runner

Mounted the piggies with foam tape  at different height levels.

I made this card for my friend, he is turning 57 and I'm not sure it's very manly but it should put a smile on his face, it did on mine ;-)



No comments:

Post a Comment