Friday 10 March 2017

For a special lady/girl

That's the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge this week, showcasing Penny Black.

For my card I chose the Penny Black clearstamp "playful" or 30-347. 
I stamped it in Versamark and  used Wow Embossing powder black twinkle to make my outline, you can't really tell form the picture, but the black embossing powder has silver glitter in it for some added  sparkle, without having to add too many embellishments ;-).

I colored the image with Talens Ecoline, a fluid watercolor SSS now carries :#656 and 657 for the leaves; 318 for the flowers and 422 for the center, usually black on poppies but I chose a dark brown or it would have been really a stark contrast.

I diecut the watercolor paper with a Spellbinders scalloped die, I don;t know which as I got it from a  FB sales group, second hand.
 Mounted the panel with foamtape.
 Added really tiny specks of Ranger enamel accents on the panel in Lily pad and classic cherry, just to mimic flowers in the background if that makes sense.

On the cardbase I stamped the sentiment from Simon Says Stamp (it's no secret) with Versafine black onyx ink.

I nothed the cardbase on both sides with a small hole punch and wrapped some green embroidery thread around the card, the notches hel to keep the thread in their place.

For more information on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge, see this


1 comment:

  1. Wonderful card. Thanks for playing along Simon Says Stamp For a Special Lady Challenge. Gayatri xx

    ReplyDelete