Saturday 11 March 2017

Easter card series 2017 #4, diy or homemade wobblers

I thought this little die cut bunny from Marianne design (col1354) would look cool as a wobbler.

Now I looked at shop bought wobblers, but they were really expensive, 25 dollar/euros for a pack of 48 orso.
I then decided I could make my own, as basically it;s just a spring. usually it has two ends on it, and I show you how to make those at the end of the video.

I have thought of three versions, two I show in the video: a strip of sturdy acetate or plastic from packaging, sturdy enough to hold the weight of the die cut and yet pliable enough to fold it into a zzz shape or a lightning bolt.

The other is  made from jewelry wire or flower wire and is coiled around a pen. You decide how long the coil is, I left mine a bit longer  because I thought it would be easier to tuck it under, but I think it makes little difference.

I die cut all the bunny bits from colored linnen cardstock. If you don't have all these colors I'd suggest white and color them with markers and or inkblending Distress inks on it. makes it easier and quicker. But I had lots of scraps, so....

The sentiment means Happy Easter and is also from  Marianne design (cs0954) and I stamped it in Versafine black onyx ink.

The font of the stamp is "scriptina" and  you can find it on the Internet, if you like it you can download it and print your sentiments instead of stamping them.


I used Scotch tape to adhere the coil to the bunny and to the cardbase, hot glue would also work.




1 comment:

  1. Just found your wobbler card. I was about to buy some of the mini action wobblers, but now I'll have to give this a try! Thanks for the video tutorial. I have an orange tabby named Joe.

    ReplyDelete