Thursday 23 March 2017

Believe in yourself...with videos

The Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge is: layer it up.

For my card I  started by stamping the little dragons from Stampingbella with SSS intense black ink onto Crafter's companion paper.
I used Spectrum Illustrator markers to color them, really simply I  might add as the images are quite small and although the packaging has pretty examples, that was a bit ott for  me.

I let my scan n cut cut them out and then traced them with a Memento markers to tidy up the sides. Ineed more practice on the Scan N cut, it worked ok, but it also cut some kind of embossing lines or lines that didn't cut quite deep enough or I could have chucked it all away...

On Bristol smooth cardstock I stamped the clouds from Katzelkraft (KTZ150) with Versamark ink heat embossed them with WoW! matt dull embossing powder.
Then used a brush and a mini inkblending tool to sponge on Distress ink (Salty ocean) and then wiped the embossed clouds clean with kitchen paper.
The embossing powder acts as a resist and the matt finish makes it look like it's not there, quite magical in itself ;-).

I diecut Memory box puffy clouds from white felt.
I cut the sky panel slightly smaller than my cardbase and mounted it onto the cardbase with foamtape. also used foamtape for the dragons and the big clouds, just on the bottom so I could tuck the dragons behind the clouds.

Then I stamped the sentiment (which I probably should have done earlier, but I forgot) with Versafine black onyx ink, It's from Impression Obsession (c17120), heat set it as it went over the embossing powder, Stazon probably would have been safer, but it worked. feeling rather lucky today haha...


For more information on the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge, see this

1 comment:

  1. Such a lovely card, the little dragons are so cute. Thank you so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete