Tuesday 1 November 2016

Red and White Christmas card

The Challenge over at Virginia’s View is: stripes and plaid.

I dug out some patterned paper scraps I had left over from my Ferrero Rocher box building...and chose the red white stripy one with some dots (snowflakes?).

To start the card I die cut the windows from a card panel ( My Favorite Things stitched triple peek-a-boo windows), and from the same cardstock the  Village with church die from Craft Emotions. I did this twice, next to each other so I could get and elongated
view.
You don’t have to do that, but I wanted the best placement behind the windows, and if longer, you can  move it to the left or right as you please.

I traced the place of the windows on the card base so I know where to put the patterned paper.
It might be a little strange a red sky, but if you think if it as a decoration village, the red  could be wallpaper ;-)....
Then I adhered the village with tape runner.

I stamped the sentiment from Hero Arts (classic Christmas borders) with Versamark ink and used Wow! Primary apple red embossing powder to carry on the theme.
I mounted the panel with foam tape.
I didn’t think of it until I was peeling off the foam paper bits I could have used white and or red craft foam for dimension.

I die cut a prancing deer from Craft Emotions die set (moose-deer) and placed him/her like he/she is jumping from one window to the other.


If you watch my video, it's probably best to turn off the volume, instead of up as I have this horrible cold and a witchy raspy voice..good for Halloween, but not much else haha....


For more information on the Virginia's View Challenge, see this

1 comment: