Thursday 17 November 2016

200th CAS Colours and Sketches Challenge and a SSS haul, with video

Congrats to the CAS Colours & Sketches Challenge #2001 woot, four years of goign strong.

This week the challenge is inspired by their logo colours, a trio of blues.
I chose Distress inks: tumbled glass, salty ocean and faded jeans for the ink blending and for the sentiment I used Memento dew drop Nautical blue.
For the card I started with this new die from Memory Box (tree branch circle). I lined it straight with my grid mat, put Post-it tape behind in and pressed the card panel onto the sticky tape. Hoping it would be in the middle as well as straight.
It wasn’t ;-) so I cut off a few mm to centre it again.
I traced the opening on to the carcase and  masked the edges with Post-it tape again.
I was still considering to make the panel smaller and thus a mat, but I decided against it later, but in case I would cut it I needed to make sure no ink would peek from behind
the card panel.
I think this look is more CAS.
I started with chipped sapphire, then salty ocean and them tumbled glass and I used the  mini ink blending things.
I made a glitter paste with Ranger texture paste transparent glory, one drop of Tumbled glass reinker and a bit of silver glitter for the shiny bit on the stars..
Not sure if silver is considered another colour, but I needed it, lol.
Set it aside to dry.
Meanwhile I die cut some forest hills, a village and a deer to see what I would squeeze into my scene.
And I didn’t want the squeezed or overcrowded look, so I chose to only use the lady deer walking through the forest.
Stamped the sentiment from Hero arts with Memento ink.
Mounted the panel with foam tape and adhered it to the dry card base.

For more information on  the CAS Colours & Sketches Challenge, see this

Updated November 29th:

6 comments:

  1. How very gorgeous and totally stunning! Thanks for playing along with CC&S 200th challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card, Maaike! Love the scene and the gorgeous gradient sky! Thanks for playing along with us at CC&S!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this card! Your background is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful inking and the winter scene compliments it perfectly. Thanks so much for joining in on the celebration at CC&S. Hugs Bev x

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fabulous wintry scene you've created! I always enjoy seeing what you create for our challenges at CC&S, and this card is no exception. Thanks so much for taking part in our birthday celebration! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very nice card! Love that it is simple but elegant!

    ReplyDelete