Saturday 20 August 2016

Sending hugs and prayers

The theme for the new challenge over at Addicted to CAS is: silhouette.

I used a silhouette stamp from Joy! crafts: 6410/0067.
the Sentiment is from Simon Says Stamp: friendship blooms

I made a panel with Schut aquarel paper and Distress ink refills.
I tried to make it look like the treebranch is in front of other trees where the blue skies still shines through...dappled shade ;-)...Does it make sense?
I liked the color combo (mermaid lagoon and mowed lawn) and I wanted to keep the colors down to a minumum because of the occasion.
It may have turned out a bit darker/brighter than I envisaged, but that's why I used the reinkers, for the vibrancy, so I should have known lol. Still like it though ;-)



I stamped both the branch and sentiment with Versafine black onyx ink.
Mounted the panel with foamtape and added a few Ranger enamel accents to connect the two


For more information on the Addicted to CAS challenge, see this

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful card! I really love the watercolor scene you created with Distress refills!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty! It's like I'm looking up through the tree at the sky. Thanks for joining us at ATCAS.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card. Love the background and the colors. Fabulous take on the code wrod. So glad you joined us at Addicted to Cas this week
    Jaydee

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card! Thank you for sharing the details.

    ReplyDelete