Wednesday 8 June 2016

You're my favorite human shaker card with video

For my father on father's day I made him a shaker card with a goldfish. He actually keeps Koi carps, but hey...still fish lol, cousins I believe.
Anyway..I chose a stitched circle die to make my window as it could be a fishbowl or a porthole or alike. I cut it from white cardstock and bluefoam.
I  stamped the sentiment from Paper Smooches (fun and flirty) with Versafine onyx black ink.
Then I made a underwater world backdrop to the window by sponging on Tim Holtz Distress inks and Spray Stains and some water.
I stamped the algea with green Ranger dye inks, let it dry.
I then assembled the shaker portion by mounting the cardpanel to a piece of acetate, then the foam for the pocket.
I chose blue foam as it would be more interesting from the side, you know if you make dimension it's ok to see it I think ;-).

I filled the shaker with sequins and glitter and confetti in blue, green, teal and white tones.

Mounted the backdrop and then attached this to the cardbase.

The goldfish is from Hero Arts (color layering goldfish) and I also stamped it with Ranger dye inks and then also with Versamark so I could heat emboss it with Wow! cha cha cha glitter powder as if it has shiny scales a fish should have, attached it to the card with taperunner.


On the inside I stuck the second fish you see in the video and the sentiment from Crafter's companion (popcorn the bear) voor vaderdag (for father's day) I forgot to take a photo and it's in a sealed envelope already for next week's posting ;-)


I think it's OK for a guy/father but I wouldn;t mind getting it either, maybe with a purple fish lol





For more information on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge, see this




For more information on the Word art Wednesday Challenge, see this



For more information on the Cropstop challenge, see this

6 comments:

  1. What a wonderful shaker card! You did a fantastic job with the "sea" background!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this! your layered fish is gorgeous & what a beautiful sea. Love shakers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Maaike!
    This is FABULOUS! I would love to have you share this with us at these two challenge blogs. They're both always Anything Goes, and you can win some awesome prizes at both challenges. I really hope that you will stop by and link up with us.
    Karen Letchworth, Challenge Coordinator
    Word Art Wednesday
    www.wordartwednesday.blogspot.com
    AND
    CropStop
    www.cropstop.com/blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is fabulous! I absolutely love it! Thanks so much for playing along with the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful creation. Thank you so much for posting you creative and very lovely art in the #234-#235 - Anything Goes Word Art Wednesday Challenge.
    Blessings, Carole

    ReplyDelete