Now I had big troubles with this card.
First I tried it on panels to see how it would look.
The first idea was to do negative splatter, by splattering liquid frisket onto watercolour paper and them spraying it with Distress spray stain.
I think in the back of my head I knew it wouldn't work with the cheaper watercolourpaper. I use this for backgrounds and or techniques, usually doesn't matter, but I saw the spray stain was seeping underneath the frisket as the paper is very open in structure and the splatter effect dissapeared completely on the small dots and upon peeling up the frisket I tore off the upper layer :-(.
Then I tried the reactive mist for foiling from Heidi Swapp. I used the nozzle to splatter.
I let it dry all day and when I came to laminate them the blue still kinda dragged the medium, I guess the dots were too big/fat. One panel I foiled the backside and so the glue reheated in the laminator and got stuck to the carrier paper. I don't have the carrier sheets from Minc, but I'd advise not to use it anyway, you might ruin it with rogue spray ;-)...
it wasn't a great crafty day for my yesterday ;-)....
But I like the lookof this foiled thing, it must be more CAS though.
So I redid the splatter but I masked off the upperhalf of the cardand the backside and to deifne the space further I wrapped a ribbon around the card and onto the inside, I used tape runner to keep it in place.
The sentiment is from Impression Obsession and I
I let this splatter dry all night and all today, just until now, so about 24 hours! I think the reactive mist needs that. Infact I've found a panel from 2 weeks ago and it still foiled (not in the picture).
I'm glad I did test runs on panels before commiting a whole card. This is normal cardstock by the way 300grams.
The foil is from Wow! (fab foil purple) and the ribbon is a generic brand.
For more information on the Less is More Challenge, see this