Monday 16 May 2016

Happy birthday card with felt

The theme over at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge is : felt that.
The Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge is: fun with felt
Showcasing the Spring plush release. 
Now apart from some felt  I couldn't afford to get any of the amazingly beautiful dies, they were just beyond my means :-(.

Now I thought the felt would be perfect for the little caterpillar (cute caterpillar from Memory Box) as caterpiller sometimes are hairy and tactile, so perfect for a child's birthday I thought.


I made a panel slightly smaller than the cardbase and cut out the caterpillar.

I then diecut several colors of felt to make a rainbow caterpillar.

I stamped the sentiment from Sizzix (birthday by Stepahnie Barnard) with Versamark ink and heat embossed Wow! black twinkle embossing glitter.


I thought to use the bold sentiment from Birthday balloons by Simon Says Stamp, but it was a little too small, the balance was off.


I ran some sticky tape on the back of the caterpillar openings and fitted the felt pieces in their spot.

I added two googly eyes with Aleene's fast grab glue, as all kids (and grown ups like me) love googly eyes!.
Mounted the panel with foamtape just like the first card.

For more information on the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge, see this

For more information on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge, see this




Update: May 28th

 Cheiron says I love this adorable fuzzy caterpillar by Maaike in all the colors of the rainbow! The perfect idea for a kids card, anyone would love this felt fella :)


7 comments:

  1. This is super adorable! I love the fuzzy little caterpillar! It reminds me of that book, The Hungry Caterpillar, that I used to read with my nephews when they were tiny!

    ReplyDelete
  2. so super cute. what a great idea. i hope you win so you can purchase a new die from Simon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous sweet card Maaike, beautifully lovely images with gorgesous colouring, especially the one with eyes and details!! Your sentimet is just adorable!!

    hugs
    Heather xx
    Thanks so much for joining you with us Simon Sayss Syamp Wednesday Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is super cute! I love your little felt caterpillar. Thank you so much for playing along with us over at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So adorable! Love that rainbow caterpillar!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is adorable! What a fun way to add both color and texture to a card! Thanks so much for playing along with us over on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge blog!

    ReplyDelete