I made a see through shaker card, meaning the image is on the inside of the card and the shaker bit is see through to the inside, so acetate on both sides.
For my card I used the Lawn Fawn Loveable legends stampset.
I started my card by diecutting the rounded window from shimmery blue cardstock and the cardbase (front flap only)
I stamped the kraken with Memento tuxedo black on the little negative bit of the diecut as I could tape this to the inside flap of the card without any markers bleeding through the back of the card.
I stamped the sentiment and bubble, that should resemble the two lines of the sketch, with Versafine and heat embossed them with Zing superfine white embossing powder.
I colored the kraken with Spectrum Noir markers and judging from the photo I should have waited a little bit longer and let it dry a bit more before the photos...I didn't because I got so excited and wanted to share right away lol...;-).
On the back of the blue card I used taperunner to adhere one of the acetate pieces and one layer of foamtape, I didn't want a really bulky shaker.
I then proceeded to lay each sequin with the right side down, I wanted all the cupped sides facing the front...went well until I started to peel off the foam..they all went flying :-( I fixed some of them and then placed the second piece of acetate to close the shaker.
I put tape runner (ATG gun stuff is really sticky) and tried to align as best as I could the blue and white parts, almost nailed it haha, ah well it's what handmade is all about...once it's stuck, it's stuck.
I placed the colored piece on the inside of the card also with taperunner.
I made the kraken orange as it would really pop against the blue sea. And I chose al kinds of blue sequins, some clear, some silver and teal.
The shaker window is slightly offset to the middle as in the sketch, I couldn't make it smaller as I wanted the whole kraken to show, but if I had these pierced border ones in round I might have used those as kind of a porthole.
For more information on the LawnScaping challenge, see this
Update May 1st: