Saturday 30 April 2016

Happy for you both

The Addicted to CAS challenge #87 is all about plaid.

So I went through my stash of patterned paper (again..twice in one day...oh my) and used a grey toned one and a pink/yellow toned one.
I die cut the doggie twice from the cardpanel, to make him/her face each other I turned the paper round, if you get up really close you can see one had the nice rounded edge and the other a sharp edge, but hey, don't look now ;-)


The die is from Marianne Design LR0339 abd the sentiment is from Simon Says Stamp (happy 3x4) and I stamped the sentiment with Versafine black onyx ink.
I made the enamel dots with WOW melt-it and embossing powder.

I raised the panel with foamsquares and adhered the plaid panels on the cardbase to give dimension.

My thoughts were to make a boy and a girl dog and the sentiment to  match an engagement, a wedding, a baby, a new house you know for them both ;-) Surpringsly I don't have many plaid patterned papers, found some gingham, some I thought were plaid then on closer look they were chekerboard and some with a too big a pattern, that wouldn't make sense behind the little windows...

For more information on the Addicted to CAS Challenge, see this

6 comments:

  1. AWHHH! This is so sweet! Love those adorable doggies in plaid. They make me smile :)
    Thank you for playing along with Addicted to CAS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is sooooo adorable Maaike, those plaid doggies are just brilliant! Oh and yes I do watch strictly!!! Thanks for the FAB-U-LOUS message on my blog! You might like to add this one to Less is More too as it's design paper this week. Thanks so much for playing along at ATCAS cards this week. Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a sweet and adorable card love those doggies. Thanks for joining us at ATCAS.

    ReplyDelete
  4. sweet card! love the plaid with the scottie dogs. thanks for joining us at ATCAS!

    ReplyDelete