Wednesday 27 April 2016

Aluminium tape from the hardwarestore on a card?


Sure, why not? ;-)
I found this tape in my local DIY store and I thought it was pretty, I think it's for pipes as airconditioning  and such, not sure, but it's essentially tinfoil with a sticky back.

Now diecutting went fine, but peeling off the backing made the whole shape collapse, so I started again and tried to stick down one little bit, peel off more, and stick it down as well, this worked better, but the foil is so thin I've torn it anyway.
Ok so the flowers are not perfect, but then which ones are in nature? Mine certainly are not, usually because of bigs and slugs :-(

Back to the card: i've swiped Distress inks (picked raspberry, mowed lawn, squeezed lemonade and carved pumpkin) onto some heavy weight cardstock and stuck the flowers on top (Simon Says Stamp single roses) and then cut them out.
Mounted them with foamtape on different levels. I used the left over bits of colord cardstock to punch some circles, slathered those with Wink of Stella and then covered them with Glossy Accents to m ake enamel dots like embellishments, attached those with gluedots.

For the Small hello die (Alss Simon Says Stamp) I left the backing and just dotted some glue on the back and adhered it to the
cardbase.


The Monday Challenge over at Simon Says Stamp is to show metal, and I think I nailed it ;-)
The Work it Wednesdays Challenge at Simon Says Stamp is about using flowers.


P.S. the flash of my SRL camera died :-( can we have a moment for it please? I craft at nigth a lot and I kind of need one, so I'm so sad. Even during the day it's so grey and dull and dark sometimes, not sure how I wil cope...


1 comment:

  1. Beautiful card. I love the colors of the flowers! So sorry about your camera flash, hope you can replace it soon. Thank you so much for playing along with us over on the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog this week :)

    ReplyDelete