Saturday 16 January 2016

Simon says stamp Monday challenge: stencil it!

Simon says stamp Monday challenge: stencil it!
and Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge: ombre


For my card I used the Simon Says Stamp feathers die to  make a stencil from cardstock.
I used a grid paper so I could line the dies (I haven’t taken apart) up straight.
I then sponged Distress inks through the stencil (mustard seed, picked raspberry and spiced marmalade).
Then I thought about how some feathers have dots so I grabbed the Simon Says Stamp falling snow stencil and with another Distress ink (barn door) I gave the feathers measles..erhm I mean spots...lol

It was pretty hard to push the dots through with the mini blending tool as the homemade stencil from cardstock was quite thick, I managed though I chose bits from the stencil here and there to get a few, not too many well distributed dots.
Then I used a new (to me) embossing paste, from Ranger:  transparent glossy,  I just got it in and it’s to replace my Wendy Vecchi translucent one. It’s much smellier than the Wendy one, I mention this just in case you can’t stand strong odours.
It’s drying now whilst I type a part of the blog. The paper is bowing from the moisture a bit and the paste reactivated the Distress ink, so I had to wipe my palette knife before dunking in in the top again to get more. No biggie though, just having to get used to that.

I've waited untill Saturday evening incase my last order from SSS would come in, according to the tracking list it has departed the Dutch airport on the 8th, I guess it's walking, it's not here yet and I really had my heart set on using the brush stroke sentiment dies, hello and happy birthday.
I hope they come in soon, so for now I used the SSS small hello die on red glitter paper. I stuck the sentiment on vellum, made easy by first putting some double sided adhesive on the glitter paper and then diecutting both at once, basically I made a sticker.
I've torn the edges of the vellums strip for interest and stuck on 3 rhinestones from Hero arts, pale pink on the background.

For more information on the Simon says stamp Monday challenge: stencil it!, see this
For more information on the Simon says stamp Wednesday challenge: ombre, see this







2 comments:

  1. This turned out really cool! Very creative.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Maaike! I love you card
    The way you used the stencil and the way you made the feathers is stunning!

    Thank you for playing along with us over SImon Says Stamp Monday Challange!
    Hugs, Zoey

    ReplyDelete