Thursday 24 December 2015

make it sparkle


Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge: make it sparkle with Technique Tuesday
and the Inkspirational challenge: anything but Christmas

Well I sure did! lol

I made a glitter only background with, well, glitter haha
I covered a panel of carstock with Elizabeth crafts double sided adhesive and then laid a stencil on top.
I sprinkled red glitter in the stenicl openings and rubbed it into the adhesive with my bone folder.
then wiped off excess and removed the stencil.
Do this carefully as this tape is super sticky!
I made a video of this technique and I used Versamark on the stencil, but I wasn't a fan of that as I got bald patches and I don't like bald patches lol, also heard talcum powder or cornstarch shoudl work, but they didn't for me. just be careful when you pull the stencil off or use lesser sticky stuff!
I stamped the sentiment from Techinque Tuesday (say it- love you by Ali Edwards) on vellum. this is the 3rd attempt,I used Stazon first and that usuall works well, but either it's too warm in here or my inkpad was dry but I didn't even get time to aligne the stamp properly and it was dry already.

So on this version I used Versafine black onyx and left it well alone until dry...

I went to prepare my shrimp cocktail for tomorrow in the meantime... you know you've got to sqeeuze in cardmaking and Christmas cooking and all, not sure which is more important ;-)

I've attached the vellum banner with sticky tape on the back and then mounted the panel with foamtape.

added 3 red rhinestones to tie it all together.


My other attempts, weren't so succesful, I mean I didn't like the look of the panels once finished.
I used the Simon Says Stamp Butteflies dies to make a stencil, the first one got ripped and I thought there was too much empty space, the second was much better, but then I used blue glitter and the butterflies dissapeared into the background :-(
I got the idea from the little butterfly in the stampset and I wanted to make a thank you card or you are fabulous, but it didn't work out that way...

I think it wil diecut them out again and use just the glittery butterflies on a card.

Still I thought I'd show you ;-)

For more information on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge: make it sparkle, see this


For the Inkspirational challenge, see this


Merry Christmas everyone!





3 comments:

  1. Wow... that sparkle background looks great and the use of vellum is perfect for this card! A very elegant card! Thanks for playing with us at Inkspirational!
    - Shauna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card! Love all of that sparkle!! Very pretty!

    Thank you very much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!

    hugs...
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  3. The sparkle is amazing and it ooks great. Fabulous technique. Thank you for joining us at Inkspirational Challenges. Come back next time! Marina

    ReplyDelete