Saturday 26 September 2015

Welcome Baby

I'd like to enter this card into the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge: no designer paper, and
the Simon Says Stamp Work it Wednesdays September: use a stamp.

I made the background by masking off stripes and them using the mini blending tool and Distress ink (spun sugar and worn lipstick) to color the stripes.

I cut it slightly smaller than the cardfront so the stripes were even.
I used the sentiment from baby party animals from Simon Says stamp and the turtle is from welcome baby by Inkadinkado, which I colored with my Spectrum Noir markers. I fussy cut the turtle and raised him slightly on shallow foamdots.

Few stars and matching sequins around the turtle for the joyous occasion. I thought the star sequins could be starfish and the turtle a seaturtle...hmm maybe I should have done blue stripes as the sea...ah well onto the next card..lol...I wanted a baby girl card.


Although..did you know until the 1850's pink was the boy color and blue the girl color?

as a softer toned blue from the Virgin Mary cape and pink a softer version of a bold red, the Victorians changed it round.

Ok history lesson over, pop on over to Simon Says stamp for the callenges.

http://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/blog/work-it-wednesday-september-2015/
http://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/wednesdaychallenge/

so..here's the next one I made as I was brainstorming whilst typing...I've used Tumbled glass and broken China Distress inks for my stripes.I din't have the same confetti in blue tones so I've used glitter paper punches and some normal paper I've covered in wink of stella and glossy accents ( i make batches of these faux enamel dots to use whenever I want them)...


6 comments:

  1. What an interesting factoid! I love your use of bold stripes for a baby card.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you! i've now added the boy card as well ;-)

      Delete
  2. These are both absolutely adorable! Thank you so much for playing along with the No Patterned Paper Challenge on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow what wonderful cards. Your so clever. New follower through Feedly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful cards!!
    I'm doing my first GIVEAWAY over at my blog, be sure to check it out!! :)

    ReplyDelete