Thursday 24 September 2015

Lawnscaping Challenge #114: one layer card

Lawnscaping Challenge #114: one layer card.

One layer cards requires a lot of masking and stamping, well at least when I do them lol.
I started by making a sentiment in Word and I printed it on the cardstock with my laserprinter.
I didn't have a sentiment like this as a stamp, as my idea was to  made 4 windows as per 4 seasons in a year, starting with the new life in Spring, flowers in summer, the turkey for autumn and the winter penguin.

The I calculated  how big the windows could be and made a stencil by diecutting a circle 4 times.
At first I used the circles to sponge the background (of the penguin) with tumbled glass Distress ink, I masked the little guy with masking paper, easy enough, then I started trying to fussy cut out the flower and turkey and I thought to myself: I must be crazy..ok that's true but not thát crazy! lol.
So instead of sponging the backgrounds I coloured those too with Spectrum Noir and Copic markers.
The thought was Distress doesn't bleed through the paper, but I would always get some bleeding from the little images anyway, it's on the inside so  no biggie.
I've used Critters from the past, gleeful garden, turkey day and winter penguin from Lawn Fawn.

For more information on the Lawnscaping Challenge #114: one layer card, see this






 



2 comments:

  1. Very cute card! Thanks for the pics showing how you made this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cute card! I love the different colored circles! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Lawnscaping Challenges! :)

    ReplyDelete