Sunday 9 August 2015

Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge: make a plan

Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge: make a plan.

At first I thought I can't take part in this week's challenge, I don't have a planner, just a calendar on the wall, and I don't really plan much, my life is very boring ;-) lol

But I do host a dinner club every Friday, they pay the groceries, I cook them, but at 6 euro per person for a 3 course meal it takes quite a lot of planning.

Looking through the ads to see what is on offer, then make a meal out of that, a soup and a dessert.
I wish we had coupons here like on extreme couponing...but alas.

Anyway to plan all this I make a grocery list, I calculate costs and try to squeeze it in budget.

I decided I could use a prettier notebook wherein I plan my shopping trips.
I've pimped it as best as I could, by covering it with cardstock and applying gesso, then coloring it with Distress ink diluted with Winsor & Newton iridescerent medium, then splattered it with spray stains in the same colors and with brushed pewter and picket fence.
Rummaged through my trinket box full of die cuts extra and diecut a bunchmore out of vellum, cardstock and glitter paper. I've a mix of snowflakes, hearts and stars in silver, gold, blue, lilac, purple and a pale blue almost white .
Stuck them down with glue or gluedots and trimmed the edges.

For more information on the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge, see this







2 comments:

  1. What a great way to make a planner work for you! I agree-- I feel like my life is too boring and predictable to make a planner, so I love how you incorporated this into your grocery/fancy dining life. On a side note, your dinners sound amazing and it made me wish I could join you!! Alas, I'm a few countries away, but congrats on having yummy food and a yummy-looking planner to match! I really like how you gave it a magical feeling and it looks a million times better than the original! Surely even the cow on your notebook can appreciate this gorgeous makeover! Best of luck on planning your meals with your stunning new planner and thanks so much for sharing your story and your art with us for this week's Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you! i cook everything from scratch, no ready meals or warming up stuff all fresh and homemade

      Delete