Saturday, April 25, 2015

Addicted to CAS: gold, black and white

For this Addicted to CAs challenge I made the starry background in Word and printed it out with my laserprinter so I could foil it.
I actually reinstalled the printer and was surprised there was some ink left in it..lol..I had uninstalled it as the cartridges ran empty a few years ago and always all 4 at the same time, it was very costly to run it....anyway...

I had to cos my first attempt at this card (not foiling) was inking trough a starry stencil, heat embossing WOW! bonding powder and then foiling via a laminator.
Works fine except I'm not keen on all the particles that were left behind,  cool for a distressed look, but not CAS surely?

The banner is from Simon Says Stamp and the thank you sentiment is a die from Memory box I used with some gold cardstock.

For more information on the Addiceted to CAs challenge, see this


This was the first run of the challenge, sorry the foil looks black, like glitter it's really ahrd to capture shiny surfaces.
On this I've heat embossed the sentiment from the Simon Says Stamp Tilted banners set.



































3 comments:

  1. These gold stars are beautiful and I love the way you've laid them out! An elegant thank you card! So glad you shared this with us at ATCAS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so pretty Maaike! Love that you foiled the stars, and I think you are right, it looks better when you use a printer and a laminator, but I do like your second card anyway! Thanks for sharing with us over at Addicted to CAS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both cards are pretty Maaike. But definitely the top one has crisper and cleaner lines. Love the banner aperture with the gold die-cut sentiment ... awesome! Thanks for playing along at ATCAS.

    ReplyDelete