Saturday 21 March 2015

The Less is more challenge #216, base your card on a card from the Design Team

 For this week's Less is more challenge I used Chrissie Stokes' card as my inspiration.
Mine is not a top folding card because I can't fit the paper in the cutter that way, still a portrait orientation.
Also used two panels, slightly raised, one with my quote sentiment from Kaiser craft Blue bay stamspet.
The Image is from Ranger/Dylusions and is called Mushroom Madness.
Coloured it in with my Spectrum Noir alcohol markers and for the spots I used some Ranger enamel accents in white.
The bigger enamel dots were not intended; one is covering up a boo boo I made with stamping the sentiment. Thought my hand were clean...
I think they help the eye travel from the top to the mushrooms, so for me they work. Kept them white as the spots in the shrooms and they are less intrusive this way. Ofcourse I could have Photoshopped the boo boo out, but that feels like cheating. I kept the panels bigger Than Chrissie's for I feel the sentiment needs it , or it would look top heavy if that makes sense; also it feels more CAS to me this way.


For more info on the Less is more challenge, see this

5 comments:

  1. Cool make, love those mushrooms

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what you mean about thinking your fingers are clean... many butterflies have helped to cover up my boo boos!
    This is fab!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic take on Chrissie's card and yes those sprinkles / dots are super handy for those little slip-ups!
    Thanks for playing along
    Sarah
    Less is More

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fab mushroom image and what a super take on Chrissie's card
    Thanks so much for your entry
    Anne
    Less is More

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love those toadstools! Fab card

    ReplyDelete