Friday 20 March 2015

the Friday Mashup challenge #201: can you see it?


This week's Firday Mash up is to use a window element and 3 colours: Rich Razzleberry, Smoky Slate & Pacific Point.

I don't have those (are they Stampin'up?), so I used 3 pigment inks of the same family, raspberry, a blue and a grey that looks a bit brown in the pictures. These are a generic pigment ink from the craft store.
Pigment inks can be used with the mini blending foams just like Distress inks and actually blend really well as the ink stays wet on top of the paper longer.
I've then splattered some water and white Dylusions spray to add interest.
Sequins and sentiment are from Neat and Tangled.
I've used a white Sharpie to highlight the sentiment, so it would show through the vellum better.
I first wanted to use acetate, then decided I wanted a more muted window, but  that might have been a mistake  ;-)...

For more info on the Friday Mash up,see this



7 comments:

  1. What a striking card! I love how you blended your inks..and a hexagon window is so different! Love it! Thanks for joining us at The Friday Mashup!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello! Really creative card, I love how you highlighted the "thank you" with white. :) Thanks for sharing over at the Friday Mashup!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all the effort you put into your background! I think the vellum is perfect. Thanks for joining the Friday Mashup this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely way to showcase the colors. Thanks for playing along with us this week at The Friday Mashup!

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is beautiful! the colors are so pretty!!! thank you for playing along at the Friday Mashup!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the vellum, it looks great! Your colors are so vibrant and lovely!

    Thanks for joining us at The Friday Mashup!

    ReplyDelete