Sunday 22 March 2015

Freshly made sketches Challenge #178

 This is the first time I take part in a challenge from Freshly made sketches.
Instead of a circle I used a diecut heart that I distressed with various blue and green Distress inks and splatters of shimmer spray.
I initially started with a circle diecut like the sketch, infact I made 3 versions...didn't like any of them.
Because my Heart is so wide I didn't make a matte.
My banner is in front, like you see with tattoos.
Added a few matching sequins to help the eye travel across the card.
The sentiment and banner diecut are from Simon Says Stamp "tilted banner sayings".

For more info on the Freshly made sketches challenge, see this


2 comments:

  1. Beautifully done.....love the colors! Thanks for joining us at FMS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card Maaike! I love the splotches in the heart and those sweet sequins! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete