Monday, February 16, 2015

Lawnscaping challenge 100!: Happy birthday

This has been quite the proces. As I don't have many Lawn Fawn goodies (yet).
I've made 4 and discarded 3 of them for various reasons.


Card 1:
I started with this "stencil" It's actually the positive  of another card I made.
I sponged Distress inks into the openings. 
Stupidly I had taped the A inset back and now it shows, sigh...
I wrote Birthday by hand as I don't have a birthday sentiment stamp yet.
The Letters  are Lawn Fawn Finley's ABC.
Also the landscape aspect didn't leave me any room for anything else, nice CAS but not ok for this one.



So card 2:
I traced the letters of that same blue positive onto Ranger watercolor cardstock and then painted the letters in with the same Distress inks with an aquabrush.
Outlined the letters with a black Sharpie and again I wrote in Birthday!.
I wish I had the new Lawn Fawn balloon die set ,  so now I've just die cut some shapes and made them into balloons.
I wanted to use the grey Lawn Fawn cardstock.
I covered all balloons with Wink of Stella clear brush pen cos it needed it ;-)
Added shine to the letters as if balloons with a white Sharpie marker.


Card 3:
I really wanted to use the grey Lawn Fawn carstock. I have this winter Owl from Lawn Fawn and the sentiment is from a Hot off the press mini stampset "Hoot Hoot".
I tried to alter the Lawn Fawn Winter owl by covering the scarf and then filling it in with black Sharpie, but that didn't really look right to me.
So I just told myself it's still Winter and cold, lol...oh and very Misty here...
Anyway colored the image with Distress inks. I stamped it with black Staz-on.
Added the green and blue embroidery silk. the Owl is raised with 3M Foam tape onto Neenah solar white cardstock.

BUT then I thought it should be for Laurel's daughter, who's turning 2 today and this would have been my entry otherwise but it just isn't girlie...
she might actually like greens and blue hahaha..oooh..let's not go there...

so final card!: PINK PINK PINK. hehe...
I've die cut  the word HAPPY and a few random numbers from hot pink cardstock.
These dies are Lawn Fawn Finley's ABC and 123s.
I backed the word and 2 ! with pink to highlight them.
left the rest white.
Added some more "balloons" I'd die cut extras  for the 2nd card.
Drew in the balloon strings with black Sharpie.

In retrospect I think the white numbers stand out more than the message in pink, but yeah I'm going with this one...
hope you like it!

Happy birthday!




for more info see this

7 comments:

  1. Great cards! Sounds like you had a ton of fun making them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you really went all out! Great set of cards! Thanks so much for playing with us at Lawnscaping!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow look at all these cards! Each one is so much fun and amazing! I love how bright and cheerful they are! Thanks for playing the Lawnscaping Challenge!
    -Samantha

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are all great cards! I just love the first one and that you showed how you created that. And the owl is adorable!!! The last one's colors are so bright and cheery. Thank you for playing along with Lawnscaping Challenges! -Roxanne

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are all FABULOUS cards!!! Thank you so much for sharing them with us at Lawnscaping!

    ReplyDelete